A very pretty wedding took place Tuesday afternoon at 12:30 o’clock when Miss Sarah Eleanor Olmstead, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C. H. Olmstead, of Dayton township, was united in marriage to Alfred Ernest Green, formerly of Dayton, but residing at the present time in Peoria. The ceremony took place at the bride’s home and was performed by Rev. G. T. Nesmith, pastor of the local M. E. church. About thirty guests were present. The bride was attired in a gown of embroidered organdie, trimmed in princess lace, and carried a bouquet of sweet peas and white roses. The bride was attended by her sister, Miss Edith Olmstead, who wore a gown of pink meteor, trimmed with chiffon and lace, and also carried a bouquet. The home was beautifully decorated with carnations, pink and white roses, lillies, smilax and ferns, making the place a bower of flowers. A niece of the groom, Miss Alyson Green, of Joliet, acted as flower girl. After the wedding ceremony a five-course dinner was served. The newlyweds departed for Chicago, where they will stay a few days previous to a lake trip, for their honeymoon. The couple will take up their residence at 1008 Gechman street, Peoria, after July 15. The bride is a very popular young woman of this city and is a member of both the Ottawa Woman’s club and the Dayton Home Makers’ club. Mr. Green is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Basil Green, of Dayton, and is in the employ of the Diamond Supply Company of Peoria. Both the bride and groom are well known in this vicinity and have a host of friends, who wish them a very happy marital life. Among those present from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. W. E. Green, of Joliet, Mr. and Mrs. G. C. Poole, of Maywood, E. G. Miller, of Millington, and Miss Gertrude Gardner, of Marseilles.
- Ottawa Free Trader, June 26, 1914, p. 8, cols. 1-2